Topic: USS Starr documents

Hi all,

I am Paul Keller's granddaughter. I was recently sorting through several boxes of pictures and papers that were my grandpa's. Among family items I found a stack of papers that were Paul's from his days on the Starr. These included an original itinerary, the program from the 1st birthday of the Starr, a press release of the Starr's accomplishments, and some pictures of the crew in formation on the deck. I don't know when the pictures were taken but on the back they are stamped not for publication.

The papers are all very yellow and the type is hard to read in spots. I am planning on making a copy of these for myself and my family. I am trying to find out if there is anywhere that I can donate these papers to that would keep them safe and possibly displayed.

I would gladly keep these treasures for myself and my family, but I feel they deserve to be shared to honor the past and passed on to the next generation so no one forgets.

Is there anyone in particular to contact who could help me with this?

Thank you for any help anyone can give,
Risha (Keller) DeLawter

Re: USS Starr documents

Paul K's Granddaughter wrote:

Hi all,

I am Paul Keller's granddaughter. I was recently sorting through several boxes of pictures and papers that were my grandpa's. Among family items I found a stack of papers that were Paul's from his days on the Starr. These included an original itinerary, the program from the 1st birthday of the Starr, a press release of the Starr's accomplishments, and some pictures of the crew in formation on the deck. I don't know when the pictures were taken but on the back they are stamped not for publication.

The papers are all very yellow and the type is hard to read in spots. I am planning on making a copy of these for myself and my family. I am trying to find out if there is anywhere that I can donate these papers to that would keep them safe and possibly displayed.

I would gladly keep these treasures for myself and my family, but I feel they deserve to be shared to honor the past and passed on to the next generation so no one forgets.

Is there anyone in particular to contact who could help me with this?

Thank you for any help anyone can give,
Risha (Keller) DeLawter

Hi Risha,

Sorry for not replying earlier, but I haven't been on recently.

The Starr used to have a very active association, but as the numbers have dwindled, so has the activity.  For the time being, I would recommend hanging onto the items from your grandfather.  However, if you would like to post photos here of what you have, I am sure others would find them very interesting.  Thanks!

Thomas
(son of Starr crew member)